Ranch House – 1912

The ranch house was built by Roy Herold on his homestead north of Stanmore (20 miles east of Hanna) and served as the family home for several generations. In 1968, it was donated to the Historical Society by Mr. Shields, who moved it to the museum grounds. Some minor repairs and additions, like the porch, were done to the building. The house has four rooms: a living room, kitchen/dining room, children’s bedroom, and a parent’s bedroom, which have all been furnished with artifacts typical of the homestead era. Each artifact has its own story behind it, so stop by to learn more about it!