St. Mary’s Evangelical Lutheran Church – 1910

Immigrants from Russia and Germany erected this church and laid out the adjoining cemetery in an area 12 miles north of Delia. All the labour involved was volunteered, even the pews were hand-carved. This place of worship in a strange land served to bind the community into closer friendships with each other and God.The services were held in their native tongue until the 1950’s when the services began to switch over to English. The church struggled through the early days and the Depression but in the 1960s its doors had closed for good. It wasn’t until 1969 when the church was moved to Museum grounds, serving as a fitting reminder of the past. The bell and front porch were added by the Historical Society.